Remodel / Addition
Since each project and each client is unique, the process may vary some, but the outline below shows what the typical process would be for the design of your new remodel and/or addition.
- Initial phone conversation
- "Interview" meeting
We meet to "interview" each other. During this time, you'll be able to see samples of our work, ask questions, discuss specifics about your project, etc. You should bring your ideas, lot information, Homeowner's Association requirements, etc. Please send digital photos before the meeting of the interior and exterior of the the areas of your home you want to remodel. We want to make sure that the proposed project and those involved are a "fit" for each other.
- Design agreement is presented (this could be at the meeting or later, depending on the project)
- Agreement is signed & deposit exchanged
- We will measure your existing home & take digital photos
- Our engineer may need to make a site visit to look at existing conditions
- As built plans are executed
- Preliminary design is executed
- Presentation of preliminary design
We will meet and discuss the preliminary design. You will be able to take the drawings home with you in order to study them further.
- Redesign/tweaking of preliminary if needed
- Presentation of tweaked preliminary (The above two steps may need to be repeated a limited number of times)
- Approval of preliminary
You should be sure you are comfortable with the design at this point, as changes made after approval of the preliminary will result in additional fees.
- Progress payment is due at this time
- Execution of construction documents
- Engineering phase
- Final look at plans before printing & approval
- Completed plan sets ready
- Final payment due